Interregional Innovation Networks (iNets) are the core tool of the INCREDIBLE project to promote knowledge on Non-Wood Forest Products (NWFPs) across the Mediterranean basin. iNets for NWFPs bring together a whole series of relevant actors with complementary knowledge, expertise and experiences in five different networks (cork, resins, mushrooms & truffles, nuts & berries, medicinal plants). Shared information and exchange will identify the most relevant needs in each NWFP in order to improve profitability, sustainability and their impact on the creation of green jobs and rural development.
These networks will allow to seed, collect, generate and disseminate relevant technological, economic, innovative and research knowledge linked to the main NWFP value chains. Specifically, these five networks has been developed
Cork. Coordinated by: UNAC
Resins. Coordinated by: Cesefor
Aromatic & Medicinal Plants. Coordinated by: INRGREF
Wild Mushrooms & Truffles. Coordinated by: CTFC
Wild Nuts & Berries. Coordinated by: INIA
Download here the iNet Manual.
• resource modelling in a context of climate change
• progress in the compatibility of resin harvesting with other forest uses
• improvement in working conditions of the resin tappers
• development of new natural resin derivative products
Aromatic & Medicinal Plants
• supporting production and marketing capacities
• natural Resource Management and biodiversity conservation
• legal framework adjustment
• certification and traceability
• climate change adaptation and cork oak decline
• evaluation of Ecosystem services (life cycle approach)
• policies targeted on multifunctionality
• communication (to consumer, to research, etc.)
• some crucial policy innovation ideas (stronger regulations to minimise the grey economy; establishment of PES models; maintenance/ development of regulations to assure the sustainability of the cork oak ecosystem; multifunctional ecosystem policies)
Wild Mushrooms & Truffles
• management of truffle plantations and development of mycosilviculture
• regulation and taxation systems and training
Wild Nuts & Berries
- Chestnut value chain
• Increase processing quality
• Standardisation of supply
• Develop new products (chestnut beer or chestnut flour)
- Mediterranean pine nuts
• immaturity of the sector: lack of management and good practices guidelines.
• organic food labels: better marketing and communication of certification brands and labels
- Knowledge gaps in common (WN&B)
• pests and diseases: how to solve severe yield losses especially due to new exotic pests.
• Arbutus unedo and berries are not promoted adequately
O projeto INCREDIBLE pretende mostrar o papel importante dos produtos florestais não lenhosos (PFNL), como suporte de uma gestão florestal sustentável e do desenvolvimento rural, criando redes de transferência e partilha de conhecimento e experiência. O projeto INCREDIBLE – Redes de inovação em: Cortiça, Resina e produtos florestais comestíveis, para a região Mediterrânea; promove inovação e colaboração sectorial cruzada, para salientar o valor e o potencial dos PFNL na região.
O projeto ‘Innovation Networks of Cork, Resins and Edibles in the Mediterranean basin’ (INCREDIBLE – ‘Redes de Inovação de Cortiça, Resinas e Comestíveis da bacia Mediterrânica’) recebe financiamento do programa Horizonte 2020 da Comissão Europeia, sob acordo de financiamento Nº 774.632.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.
We welcome your feedback!